وظيفة باليونيسف UNICEF مطلوب: مسؤول التكنولوجيا من أجل التنمية (T4D)
وظيفة شاغرة بمنظمة اليونيسف UNICEF مطلوب:
مسؤول التكنولوجيا من أجل التنمية (T4D)
Technology For Development (T4D) Officer
|Contract type:||Temporary Appointment|
|Categories:||Information Communication Technology|
|Advertised:||13 Apr 2022 E. Africa Standard Time|
|Deadline:||27 Apr 2022 E. Africa Standard Time|
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
Sudan, surrounded by the Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Libya and South Sudan, positioned next to East, West and North Africa, is surrounded by complex conflicts in an unpredictable, volatile and rapidly evolving region. Sudan is by size the third biggest country in Africa, with a diverse population of around 42 million people. Sudan’s children make up half of the total population, and the past two decades have seen their lives significantly improve: fewer girls and boys are dying before their fifth birthday, primary school attendance is increasing, immunization coverage is high and the country remains polio free. Still, millions of children continue to suffer from protracted conflict in Darfur, the Kordofan’s, and Blue Nile, from seasonal natural disasters, malnutrition and disease outbreaks, and from under-investment in basic social services. More than three million of Sudan’s school aged children are not in the classroom. UNICEF has been in Sudan since 1952 and continues with a presence in 12 of Sudan’s 18 states.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the Position:
UNICEF Sudan is committed to engaging children and youth as key actors in their own development, as well as improving access to basic child services especially among the vulnerable populations. UNICEF Sudan aims to reinforce real-time information, two-way communication, and technology for development with program stakeholders and citizen engagement initiatives. Innovations is one of the cross-cutting strategies for UNICEF Sudan to achieve results for children.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Programme support for T4D and digital interventions
- Strategic Partnerships for Digital Innovation for children
- Knowledge Management, Research and Analysis
- Technical Assistance for capacity development
- T4D Focal Point
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A bachelor’s degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Information systems management, Data Science, International Development, or related field.
- A combination of an advanced degree and practical experience in international development work and use of technology for development work may be substituted for the particular fields mentioned.
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience is required. Experience identifying, designing and implementing solutions for large-scale projects with technical components is desirableExperience with ICT hardware, mobile phones in Sudan. Experience with web-based technologies including the database.Experience in Open Source, mobile and emerging technology applied to public health is a requirement.Exposure to UNICEF programmatic areas including health, nutrition, WASH, communication, child protection and education is an advantage.Background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered as a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (I)
- Drive for results (I)
- Formulating strategies and concepts (I)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (II)
- Learning & Researching (II)
- Planning & Organizing (II)
To view the full job description please click on the link below:
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 13 Apr 2022 E. Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 27 Apr 2022 E. Africa Standard Time